Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's a puppy minefield around here!

I think it's safe to say that Anouk it back to her old self. She looks great, she plays just as hard as she did pre-pregnancy, and eats like no tomorrow. Part of her *back to normal* means she jumps into bed with me as soon as I crawl in. The problem is that she is so happy to jump into bed at night, that she leaps out of her whelping box with usually at least one pup still latched on! We have to be so careful going into our room now. Three times there has been a pup on the floor just outside the box. She also goes in and out of bed throughout the night. I found Tank on the floor at 3 am. Thank goodness they are hearty little pups! While I am aghast, everyone else is just fine. So, she's not the most graceful dachshund, but she sure is the funniest! You would think she would turn back, knowing there was a pup on the floor. But no, she's off to the newest adventure.

I'll be in this house until Spring! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment