Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Puppy Food!

Against most of the rules, the puppies have started with a tiny bit of puppy food today. It's more like oatmeal mush, but they all (but Frankie) took to it immediately, So what prompted me? Anouk is utterly exhausted and bruised. She is spending more time away, and today Tank bit me. Now, they have all been gnawing at our fingers for a couple of weeks. It's so cute! but a few minutes ago while snuggling with Tank, he bit me. You know, with teeth. Four, to be exact. No wonder she looks at me helplessly when it's time to nurse again! And when you do the math, the puppies total combined weight is more than half of Anouks total weight. I will check the others for teeth tomorrow. Tank and Bella seem to be the most advanced of the litter so far, so I won't be surprised if I find Bella has teeth too. In the meantime, it's time to slowly introduce an alternative to mama's milk so she can get a bit of a break. She never complains, it's always me!

No comments:

Post a Comment